Thursday, January 3, 2008

Check for the "True Ozarks" Label

A good friend of mine developed the marketing term for the News-Leader's ad campaign "True Ozarks"....based on what I have seen lately I think the paper is losing touch with what makes the area so great. Here at the OD we think we should take the term back so in future blogs we will identify what we believe people, places and things that are deserving of the label. For newcomers in the area let us illustrate....Applebees Restaurant...uh...no, not worthy of the True Ozarks label (no offense)....Gateway Cafe in Spokane.....uh...yea...that is True Ozarks...and yes, have ice cream on the apple pie...you've earned it.

1 comment:

Busplunge said...

Interesting post. This morning I took my Mother to Smith-Glynn for lab work. In the waiting room I found a magazine called "Ozarks Magazine", with a picture of Rte 66 on the cover.
I picked it up thinking it would be like Ozark Mountaineer but it wasn't, it was a slick, glossy rag like 417.

Jim Lee