Thursday, December 13, 2007

Iman Cometh...Again

Last Monday marked the return of Don Imus to KWTO (The Jock). I am not sure what Imus has to do with sports, but yet, I am not sure what MSU Bears football has to do with sports either and KWTO covers them. I admit, I was a rather dedicated listener until the Iman finally spilled too much venom for his on good and was correctly yanked from the air…but he’s back…this time simulcast on RFDTV (home-based in Branson USA) and broadcast on WABC-AM in NYC. Branson meets NYC…what’s next, a Branson Theater featuring a Russian Comedian still joking about the Cold War….uh….okay…moving on. Bottom-line…meet the new Imus…same as the old Imus, sans the junior high locker room humor of old. I tried to listen this week only to quickly tire of the same old line-up of regulars….Howard Kurtz, Rudy Giuliani, Michael Beschloss, yadda, yadda, yadda….it was as predictable and as old as Imus himself. This week’s show quickly reminded me of the most aggravating aspect of the cowboy full of contradictions, the Iman brags about him and his wife being the only registered Republicans at his voting precinct in Manhattan, but yet they rail against the lack of environmental focus by government and business. Go figure Iman. Guess I could give Morning Joe on MSNBC another shot as my wake-up routine…second thought, I will just sleep in a little longer.

No comments: